Jaemin and Gabe share their thoughts on Gabe's first weekend meditation retreat; navigating big life transitions (like moving!); silencing your phone's notifications; 7 minute workouts; and much more!
What Are You Bringing to the Table?
• Gabe: How a weekend meditation retreat finally got me excited about meditation.
– Deer Park Monastery
– Vipassana Meditation Retreats
• Jaemin: Navigating big life transitions (like moving out of a 30-person mansion), knowing when it’s time to move on, and leaving while it’s still good.
• Gabe’s #1: Arriving places 15 minutes early.
– I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
• Jaemin’s #1: 7 minute workout (more for a mental/mood boost than physical)
– The Scientific 7-Minute Workout (New York Times)
– The Johnson & Johnson 7 Minute Workout app
• Gabe’s #2: Turning off most of your phone notifications.
• Jaemin’s #2: Liberation IS: The End of The Spiritual Path by Salvadore Poe
– The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
– Shift into Freedom: The Science and Practice of Open-Hearted Awareness by Loch Kelly
• Gabe’s #3: Show Me a Hero (HBO Series)
• Jaemin’s #3: Read episode recaps to dive deeper into your favorite shows.
– Episode recaps for The Wire by Alan Sepinwall
– Subreddit for Show Me a Hero on Reddit
• Gabe’s twitter
– Gabe’s latest blog post: “My Top 6 Books of 2016””
• Jaemin’s twitter
– Jaemin’s latest blog post: “Three Books I’m Embarrassed to Admit Changed My Life”
• Music for the podcast: “As Colorful As Ever” by Broke For Free